Friday, May 30, 2014

Who is Bill Evers?

For me, writing is a passion--always has been.  I can't imagine not having this creative outlet; without it I would go insane.  Sometimes, however, the creative channels shut down for whatever reason, leaving me in a state of flux and confusion.  What do I mean by that?  Like every one of you, there's a creative urge that gnaws at my brain, but there are also times that the creativity refuses to surface.  When the creativity doesn't flow, it leaves a void....an itch left unscratched, if you will, and this drives me crazy.


So, you can imagine my elation when I finished my first manuscript and sent it to publishers for consideration.  Just completing such an undertaking was an accomplishment in and of itself, but to have a publisher say "we want to publish this" made me want to do a cartwheel.  (Insert fat boy cartwheel jokes here.)


My protagonist is based upon numerous people I've met over the years, and personal interests that I've acquired.  Psychology plays an enormous role in character development, in my humble opinion.  Without really understanding your characters, it's difficult to convey to a reader who and what they are.  As simplistic as this sounds, it truly is a difficult thing to put emotion, morals (or lack thereof), desires, and the vast array of feelings and complexities that make us human into the written word. 


Bill Evers is, again in my opinion, quite an enigma.  He's a man trained in the combat arts, both military and martial.  The one thing he knows is killing.  Unfortunately, post combat and mercenary roles, he had little else to fall back on, which prevented him from getting out of "the life."  Further complicating things for him is the post-traumatic stress disorder that haunts his sleep.


Trained in Yoshukai Karate and judo, Evers sees people as "targets" or "non-targets."    He isn't a loose cannon, but he is emotionally disconnected from taking a life; that is, if that life was a target and not an innocent.  He believes in striking hard and fast.  Testosterone laden talk is for amateurs and bullies--combat, in his mind, was designed as a means of survival, both physical and economic.


Evers sees the world for what it is: a place ruled by the few, rather than by the many.  He has no sympathy for government officials, seeing each as the hand controlling the chess board, and a country's citizenry as the pawns awaiting their next move.  To remove a target serving the lesser good is fine by him...and it pays well too.


I hope you'll "like" and follow my Bill Evers page as his life becomes a strange reality once the words are finally put to paper.  Lastly, I ask each of you, should the urge strike you, to share the page with your friends and family to help me get the word out to the public at large.  Without you, this dream of mine would not have been made possible.  Thanks for the friendship and reading loyalty! 

https://www.facebook.com/BillEversAdventures




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shared.....Can't wait to read the book.....Sounds really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Leanne! I appreciate your support, and the support of everyone out there reading this blog and following Bill Evers on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT?!?! PUBLISHED?!?!? YAY!!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...