Monday, March 19, 2018

Coming soon--my conversations with Rex

As many of you know, I have several passions. I love my family, practicing and teaching martial arts, I enjoy building sheds, and I even enjoy work. On top of all this and more, putting thought to paper and creating stories that readers relate to is something that brings me great joy.


I have written two full length action/adventure novels and continue getting so much positive feedback from readers. Please understand--the positives I receive have nothing to do with fueling my ego; on the contrary, when I can bring a few hours of escapist pleasure to a reader, I feel as though I have helped make the world a better place. That thought is what drives me to write and create.


Several have asked when my next Bill Evers novel will be available, and I do apologize to everyone for not having another one ready to hit shelves just yet. I continue to write, albeit at a slower pace than I previously knocked out the first two books. Rest assured, until my dying day, I will peck away at the keyboard in order to bring more stories to life.


Since an earlier blog entry last year, I have toyed with the idea of penning a short book about the conversations I have with our little Italian Greyhound, Rex. It has been with some trepidation that I moved from the genre that I so enjoy to one I am less sure about. This short work is one that I am tentatively titling Conversations with Rex: The World According to Our Dog.

The title may change, but the content will remain. As most animal owners do, I talk to ours regularly, and in my head I hear their responses. Rex has a way of conveying what he thinks through certain looks, body language, or animated jumps and rolls. He is quite the prima donna!


If you are a pet owner, or if you are just someone who enjoys off-branded humor, I think you will like this short work. I will keep everyone posted regarding updates to the work and potential release dates as we get closer to it. You can also follow me on my Facebook author's page for periodic updates and other nefarious topics.

Lastly, as we progress toward publication, I will post a few tidbits here and there specific to the work. I do look forward to this book's release. The compilation of my love for my dog and my twisted sense of humor will hopefully bring a smile to your face.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I talk to all three of my dogs. Each has it's own personality. I am amazed that they get along with each other so well.

    ReplyDelete

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...