Monday, April 20, 2020

Y'all Hang in There

COVID-19. We are all sick and tired of hearing, reading, and talking about it. The stark reality is it will impact every single person in the United States, and probably around the world, at some point. That doesn't mean our way of life is forever altered; on the contrary, it simply means we have to adjust until we develop an immunity to the virus.

Yes, I believe we'll be dealing with this virus for the remainder of our days. It will mutate, and it will continue being highly contagious. The proverbial genie is out of the lab...er, bottle. The numbers we are seeing relative to confirmed cases, recoveries, and deaths are staggering. More importantly than all that are two things: 1.) recent models estimate that upwards of thirty-five to fifty percent more people than anticipated have had the virus and showed now symptoms, or dealt with the mild to moderate problems it posed; and 2.) We've proven as a species that we can be good and wholesome to one another (and I had my doubts at times).

I try to make a habit of checking on my family and neighbors to make sure they are okay and they have everything they need. I call many of my friends to do a check-in. Many return the favor. You see, we are creatures who innately desire for our species to survive--in the most scientific reasoning. On the human level, we want our fellow man and woman to be okay. As such, it is important that we check up on one another and help each other out when we can.

When you stop to think about things, we have it much better than most. Yes, we can argue about our civil liberties being taken at the expense of a little safety, but when I think about my global travels, most especially to third world countries, I realize how absolutely awesome this country is. I also know that my blog is read globally, so I want others to understand that as Americans we know we have it good and if you are an ally, we will stand to help you, as we always do when times are tough.

All that said, my friends, let's hang in there and keep being good to one another. Yeah, there are tools in this world, and it's important to let them continue being tools. I erase the negative from my life and focus on the positive. Help those who need it if you can...in any way possible, and know if you need help, just holler. If I'm in a position to do something for you, I will.

Lastly, y'all hang in there. We'll get through this.

Peace,

~h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...