Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hey, white guys....

I don't purport to be some sort of fashion guru, but over the years I have developed an ability to match clothing.  I've seen a lot of guys that do this well, but there's one particular group of men who seem incapable of even a modicum of fashionable sense.  So, here's to you the "I have no inkling in the world how to match socks to shoes white man."

You see, I notice things like socks not matching shoes, and for the most part white males lead the way in the inability to do so.  Perhaps it's a lack of caring, I'm not sure, but let me tell you, when I see a guy with dark sneakers, blue jeans and white socks on I want to slap him.  Why?  Because other ethnicities make fun of we whities for things like this.  Okay, admittedly, we can't dance.  There's not much we can do about not having rhythm--it's in our DNA.  But white men, pick up an issue of GQ and do a little reading.  If your shoes ain't white, your socks shouldn't be either.

Now, let me say, I've seen a few white women who are guilty of this fashion sin, as well as a lot of Asian men.  Very few black men fall into this trap, although I have seen a few, but for the most part they have this down pat.

So come on fellow white guys!!!!  Get with the program. 

Here's a hint if you are still misunderstanding me:  Dark shoes with jeans-dark socks (including footies); dark sweat pants and dark/gray sneakers-dark socks/footies. 

I hope this helps--and women, if your husband is guilty of this faux pas, slap him and help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...