Friday, April 6, 2012

watching paint dry

We are trying to get this house on the market, which means a lot of paint, de-cluttering and yard work.  I'm fortunate that the yard work is minimal (we have a relatively small yard), the wife keeps the house very clean (I mess it up so she has something to do) and beyond the painting, getting the house prepared to sell has been fairly painless.

With all that said, I hate painting.  Once I get my groove on and start rolling it's not so bad.  I put on a little music, do a little popping and locking, occasionally I moonwalk and sing into a paint brush or roller and the time seems to go a little faster.  But still, I hate it.  I know that having a place that's aesthetically pleasing will help it sell, and I know no one wants to walk into a place that looks like a dump.  And even though the prospective new owner will ultimately repaint to his/her liking, this bit of work has to be done.

I hate it.  It makes my back hurt...and I hate complaining, but this makes me complain.  So as I approach the time that I will get yelled at for not getting the painting completed, because I'm blogging instead, I continue to agonize over the taping, moving of furniture, removal of electrical covers and other such mundane crap.

Time to put on some Michael Jackson...and just beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...