Saturday, April 28, 2012

my honey do list

I've transitioned into a new role with my company and this means I won't be traveling the United States like I have the past two years.  My wife travels on occasion, and every now and then we find ourselves traveling simultaneously.  The last two weeks were just such a time; I began my travel in Portland, Oregon while Cathy was "forced" to work in Orlando, Florida.  Upon returning from Portland, I emptied my suitcase, washed some clothes, repacked and headed to a hotel in the northern suburbs of Chicago for a week long, company sponsored training symposium.

When we, Cathy and I travel, she always leaves me a honey do list.  I must admit that she always takes care of things when I'm on the road and she's not, managing to keep a spotless house and everything in working order.  She's really to be admired but I'm looking for a little sympathy from my faithful readers--I'm certain you'll give it to me after reading this.

As many of you know, Cathy and I are in the process of buying our vacation/weekend/retirement home.  Given her OCD personality, everything that could be repaired, packed, painted, folded, thrown away, removed, etc. has been thoroughly catalogued and documented.  I ain't kidding either.  My weekends, when we both travel, are mapped for me, and here's what mine looks like:

  • Wash clothes, remove all handles/hinges from bathroom vanity and repaint the drawers and framing
  • Mow the yard
  • Pack everything in the garage
  • Begin breaking down spare beds and position furniture for ease of move
  • Other things as time permits
Here's what I wanted my list to look like:

  • Wake up
  • Drink coffee
  • Burp
  • Scratch myself
  • Think about showering
  • Change the channel on the t.v. (via remote control)
  • Eat
  • Drink my second cup of coffee
  • Continue to think about taking a shower
  • Take a nap
  • Eat
  • Pee (I've had two cups of coffee)
  • Turn the channel (via remote control)
  • Eat
  • Prepare for bed
I feel like I have a much more inclusive list and you can see that it is much larger; therefore, my list would be more productive.  What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Howard,
    I think you're on crack. You're lucky to have a woman who loves you enough to expect great things from you. Stretch, burp, scratch yourself... and then get up and get to work. :) And while you doing the "other things as time permits" pick up some flowers for that woman of yours and remind her you appreciate her.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...