Friday, July 13, 2012

Some sense of normalcy, please....

The world has simply gone crazy.  I look around and see people arguing and fighting about things beyond their personal control and wonder if they truly care about what they are saying.  What happened to the good old days of just slugging it out in order to get your point across?  I'm still a believer in "might is right," especially when I struggle to articulate my point of view.  A buddy of mine years ago was fond of saying, "When in doubt, knock 'em out."  I miss those days.

I spent the first six months in northern New Jersey waving at people who would blow the horn at me; I thought they were just being friendly.  Two years after my stint there, I sincerely find the people in Chicago to be nice--ain't it amazing what a little perspective will do for you?  But even mid-westerners get caught up in the uncontrollable, as do folks everywhere else.  Yeah, I'm as guilty as the next guy of this, but I have a blog and wanted to vent about it.

When I'm not ranting and raving about things political, I'm pretty calm--well, with the exception of college football season that is--and generally enjoy making folks laugh.  But I do have to shake my head when I watch people get worked up over things completely out of their control.  As an example, I work with some folks who get upset over things that have zero bearing on them getting their job done.  Another prime example is traffic: I sometimes get aggravated when I get stuck in it, but at the end of the day, I have no control over it so I just turn the radio up and sing along.  Yeah, I'm that guy.

You know what really burns my butt?  A flame about three feet high. 

Now that's just funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...