Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Lymric, an Ode, A Silly Rhyme, You're a Toad

Sometimes I kid, sometimes I joke
   On a cheap cigar I occasionally toke
Politics and Facebook, the two don't mix
   Sarcasm and wit really make me tick

I laugh at you, I laugh at me
  Sometimes I laugh so much it makes me pee
My kids think I'm crazy, my wife thinks I'm insane
  I'm the fruit of my dad's loins, so it's him I blame 

I go to work early, at times I get home late
  But watch Bama football on Saturdays because they're just great
On game day my neighbors they all run and hide
  And look at me curiously as I scream, "Roll Tide!"

I've been fortunate and lucky to travel this Earth
  To fly in planes circumventing its girth
And everywhere I go people make me smile and giggle
  Funny things I always see so much my belly will jiggle

I raise up my glass and toast you my friends
  And realize your zaniness knows no end
I can count on each one of you to make my day
  So for your good health and continence I pray

And to those of you who would prefer to say, "go to hell"
  I'll just look at you and type "l-o-l"
Because I know I got under your skin
  I laugh and laugh and will do it again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...