Sunday, November 22, 2015

My Next Book Project--Something Different, Helpful, and Filled with Hope

I enjoy writing fictional action/adventure.  Military history, conspiracy theory, suspense all nuzzled in a blanket of current events is where I find my happy place.  Weaving stories from thin air (mostly) and watching the characters come to life in my mind and on my computer's monitor helps keep me centered.  "I write," as I've told many people, "so I can see how the story ends."

Over the past several months, I've been faced with a new reality--not one I've advertised and whined about--losing a lucrative job to corporate downsizing and finding myself in a lesser paying job (but hey, I'm thankful to be working).  As most who follow me know, my first two novels, Of Blood and Stone: A Bill Evers Novel and Occam's Razor: A Bill Evers Novel are both available in print.  I've been blessed and fortunate through a curious and wild twist of life events, despite that minor setback a few months ago.  My nose-to-the-grindstone work ethic instilled by my mother and father is something I lean heavily upon and am thankful to have.

Shortly after I was laid-off, I elected to attempt a different genre of writing: a non-fiction, reality based book rife with tales of personal turmoil and the ability to overcome.  Without giving too much away, my next book will be one that will bring you to tears, fill you with joy, make you think about your own situation and where you are in life, and hopefully make you thankful for what you have, rather than sad about what you don't.

I suspect this project will take some time to compile and be brought to life in print and digital media, but when it finally happens, I think it will be my proudest moment.  Not because it's my work, but because it's about you, the faithful reader.  These will be your stories, your tales, your tribulations, your good times and bad.  This is about and for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...