Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Cool it with the racist crap, man!

Every day...every single day...I hop on my computer to see what the world is thinking and doing. Inevitably, all the discussion goes back to race. Do I believe there is a large swath of people who believe folks of a particular skin tone are somehow more intellectually superior to others? Of course those people exist. Let's not sugar coat the discussion, but let's also be honest with one another, okay?


First, the recent election was not a moratorium on minorities in the United States. If you believe that to be the case, you are either a.) stupid (and that has nothing to do with your skin color, or b.) you've bought into the lies perpetuated by a media intent on ratings, rather than truth.


I'm not kidding when I say this: I am sick and tired of hearing people on the right talk about how a certain congressman is intent on overtaking a section of the country for black people. I grow weary of the Mexican take-over of the central southern portion of the country, and I can't take anymore of an unnamed president-elect having views that set racial progression back thirty years.


For a moment, can we all put on our big boy and girl panties and talk like adults? I work with a large, diverse team of folks on a daily basis. Everyone here loves one another, we get our job done, and we go home to our families. I suspect most of us are in the same boat.


So, this begs the question: Why are so many insistent upon racial politics and polarization? I'll tell you why--if they (the elite) can divide us, they can rule us (we plebes). If we shrug off the emotional nonsense and not get caught up in the deluge of racial injustice hyperbole, then we can certainly overcome them (the elite).


Don't get me wrong: I think there are factions, albeit small ones, that want nothing more than chaos and instability, but the vast majority of us (the plebes) just do our thing and go on about our business. Personally, I think we should give every media outlet in the world the collective middle finger then go fishing or bowling.  That'll fix 'em.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...