Thursday, February 15, 2018

In the End, We All Die-How We Live is What Matters

I do what I can to be a positive influence on those around me. I cut up, I joke, I laugh. When I need to be serious, I'm serious. When I need to get work done, I get my work done. When it's time for me to mentor a young kid, I do that too. When one of my daughter's needs a shoulder to cry on, I am there for them. When I need to give them some advice, I share it with them. If my wife talks to me, I do my best to focus and listen (she might argue with this one, but it's my post, so...).


We are all faced with dilemmas, problems, and personal issues. I do my best to internalize those things and deal with them so as not to be a burden to others. Don't get me wrong. If I need help with something, I ask for help. My pride isn't quite that overwhelming!


My point is simple: as humans, we must engage and interact with one another on some level each and every day of our lives. That is, unless you live deep in the Maine or Montana wilderness without cellular, satellite, or internet connections of any kind. If we can all agree on this simple truism, isn't it in our best interest to be a positive influence on those around us?


Is it so difficult to simply speak to someone when we walk into the office? Perhaps a "good morning" will make a person feel good! What if you randomly brought someone a cup of coffee one day? Someone you don't really know, but occasionally see around the work-place?


There is so much negativity in our world today. We have at our fingertips unimaginable technology that was only dreamed about a decade or two ago. And here we are: at each other's collective throats on a regular basis. This confounds me! Technology was supposed to make our lives better and easier, but just the opposite seems to be happening.


Here is my challenge to us all: try being nice to someone you don't really know. I don't care what the compliment or comment is, just do something that is good. I'm tired of the bad; I think we all are. To be a little cliché, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

Be good, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...