Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Conversations With Rex--a Step Closer

I haven't seen any of my words make their way to print for a few years now, and I've grown somewhat disheartened. That's why, after taking a break to work on this small soon-to-be-book, I predict that writer's glow that will surely hang about me for a while.


Unlike many who enjoy putting their thoughts to paper, creating new stories or content hasn't been a problem; on the contrary, I sometimes overwhelm myself with ideas and struggle to remain focused on one. To say I am a victim of my own creativity is probably true, but I don't really know how creative I am to be honest--maybe I simply think I have something to say. 😃


I often hear people say, "I don't have time..." and usually roll my eyes at the sentiment, but to be honest, time hasn't been a friend of late. During the Spring and Summer, like so many, it seems as though I am running from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. When I do have some downtime, I'm exhausted and find it difficult to think logically, much less work on a book.


Other times, I believe I'm just being lazy and lack focus. This is probably a true sentiment, as well as my inability to manage time. The minutes get away from me, and although I my heart tells me to get to work, my body tells me not to move. My body usually wins the argument.


With a renewed vigor, though, I have pushed forward to finish my latest creation, Conversations With Rex. The cover design is in process, and I am working on a few graphics for insertion into the script. The book will be a small one, but it is one rife with passion and love. It also provided a break for me when it comes to action, adventure, and conspiracy. Now that I can see the  proverbial Rex at the end of the tunnel, I hear Bill Evers hollering for me to get back to work on his stuff (I have three different Evers stories at various points in their respective creation).


The book, Rex that is, is about my discussions with my small dog and his reflections on the world at large. His unique perspective and quirky idiosyncrasies, I felt, were worthy of documentation. Some may call me weird or strange (most do anyway), but pet owners talk to their animals all the time. Rex answers and carries on conversations in my head. His personality makes it easy to understand what he's thinking, and his body language speaks volumes. As my buddy Gary has said on occasion, "Rex knows things." Yes, yes he does.


Lastly, I realize I've posted about works before, and don't want to be the boy who cries wolf. Conversations will be released by Summer's end, if not sooner. So, I beg forgiveness of those who enjoy my writing, and ask that you continue to bear with me (although I doubt anyone will die without reading the next Evers's novel).


Rex's smart mouth will come to you soon--and no, I have no idea where he learned to be so cynical and sarcastic.







2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this book. See you in October. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Gail!

    ReplyDelete

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...