Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I hate making resolutions; usually I just set myself up to fail, and I hate failure.  But this year is different.  Why?  Well, the Mayans and Nostradamus (maybe?) told us the end of the world would occur in 2012, so I need to go out with a bang.  I don't want to be standing at the Pearly Gates with a notebook full of incompletes, so here's my 'to done' list for the year:

1. Get in shape, and not the shape of a pear.  With that said, I have to have a reason for getting in shape (a reason other than general health--how boring is that?), which takes me to resolution number two:

2. I will run in and finish the Warrior Dash this June.  This is a pretty huge task for me, as I have a shoulder injury which I have zero desire to have repaired because I remember how much the other repair sucked.  But I have a pretty high pain tolerance and an awesome wife who massages my shoulder on a regular basis.  Why would I want to give that up for a simple operation?
3. I'm going to finish the manuscript for my book and begin submitting to publishers.  What happens beyond that I have no control over, but I will have at least completed the manuscript. 

4.  I'm going to tell the people closest to me that I love them on a more frequent basis.  So, if hearing this sort of thing makes you nauseous, steer clear of me.

5.  I'm going to continue telling ridiculously stupid stories about things that happened to me and my friends because, well because they are funny.

6.  I'm going to make this work year an extremely productive one--just cause I can.

7.  I'm going to take my martial arts training to the next level.

8. I'm going to laugh a lot more because laughing makes me happy.

9.  I'm going to see old friends and make some new ones.

10.  I'm going to plan for my retirement now, because waiting until I retire is just a little to late to contemplate planning for it (at least in my book).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...