Saturday, March 10, 2012

dealing with rejection

My heading is a little misleading because I don't deal with rejection very well.  As a matter of fact, I'm taken completely aback at the smallest hint of rejection.  Call it competitiveness, egomania, whatever, I simply struggle with rejection.

Today I was rejected and it just doesn't sit with me at all.  I've been a competitor my entire life and if I wasn't picked first during a pick up basketball game, dodgeball game or any other sport I got pretty upset.  With any signal of rejection I was forced to become better than the individual who slighted me--today is no exception.

Now don't take me wrong...I do understand I will be rejected from time-to-time, but that doesn't make me accept rejection any better today than it did way back when.  As a matter of fact, I hope the person who rejected me today boils in an eternal pot of fire far below Dante's seventh inferno; I hope Satan has a special place in hell for the joker who rejected me--but I mean that in a good Christian way, of course.

With that being said, I shall pour forth all my energy to assure I'm not rejected again.  And if you happen to reject me.....well, beware; I'll be praying Satan takes you during a horrific nightmare. 

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...