Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Not So Patiently Waiting...

My newest release, My Dog's P.O.V. (and How He Sees the World) is officially available. This is that unnerving time when all those books begin filtering into their new owner's hands and the reading begins. For any author, this is a gut-wrenching moment.


Waiting to hear from readers on their perception(s) of the a work, no matter how large or small has a way of working on a writer's mind. "Will they like it? Will they hate it? Perhaps I should stop writing altogether! What if I just jumped from a really high building (nah, I'd probably live through the experience and still be forced to read their reviews)?


That said, I have always maintained that feedback, whether positive or negative, regarding my work is a gift of monumental proportions. Good reviews are wonderful, but I also try my best to take well scripted "negative" reviews or feedback, and use it to my benefit in future works. After all, isn't that how we learn and progress? We make mistakes then attempt to correct them, yes?


Reading is a very intimate affair between the author and the reader. The author offers up several glimpses of himself or herself in their work--no matter whether the book is fiction or nonfiction, there is an element of the writer's soul present in the words on the pages bound between the covers.


Conversely, the reader takes on the emotions conveyed by the writer, or at least that is the hope of the author. When you read, you are soul gazing (stolen with pride from the Ghost Rider) into the writer and assuming the character's personalities, ingesting the information being shared, and passing judgment on all of the above--not to mention the writer's style and conveyance of thought.


So, here I sit waiting as patiently as possible for you, the best readers in the world (no, I'm not trying to butter you up...not entirely anyway), to receive, read, and offer up reviews on my latest work. Yes, I'm reenergized and am plugging away at my next Bill Evers novel because action/adventure/general weirdness is my passion. But understand, I am happy and excited that my little conversations book is now available and you are able to take a look inside my strange and warped mind, and the hope is that you gain some enjoyment from doing so.

If you are interested in receiving a signed copy of any of my books and live in the continental U.S., click HERE!


If you prefer ordering through Amazon, My Dog's P.O.V. is available HERE!

As always, my best to you and thank you once again for supporting my writing.

~h



No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...