Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Another Project (or Three) on the Horizon

People who know me know my mind works a million miles per hour.  I can't help it--it's the way I'm wired. Perhaps I don't see things differently than most, but I tend to notice subtleties, or nuances about peculiar things.  As a result of the way my mind processes details, I'm rarely without bizarre thoughts and speculation.  I like to think of this mindset, if you will,  as hyper-awareness of the rather mundane.

My imagination runs rampant with possibilities; hence my appetite for writing.  I don't proclaim to be masterful in story-telling--on the contrary, I'm most likely quite ordinary.  But I want to believe (hope?) that I can bring forth stories that are entertaining, a little educational, and very speculative.  If I can accomplish this, and you the reader enjoy what I've written, then my mission has been accomplished.

I don't write for accolades or ceremony.  Writing has always been a passion of mine, but pouring my heart into a project then throwing it to the proverbial literary wolves to be devoured makes me nervous.  We all know what happens when something is taken into the human body, yes?  It's processed and used to nourish the body, or it sickens the body and finds its way from one or both orifices.  I pray the former, rather than the latter, is what readers gain from my trysts.

With a hectic 2015 and an even more hectic first half of 2016, I was forced to dabble in my writing, although I wanted to immerse myself in it.  Life changing events brought me endless days and short nights with which to jot down thoughts or lines I thought might fit into a particular work.  And as suddenly as the craziness started, it slowed to a drizzle--like a light rain in early April that covers the greening grass with a fine mist, only to quickly give way to an early morning sun.

And so a project I began last year is in process--something much different than my two previous fictional tales.  This is a work of passion--stories told by those having faced tremendous odds and how they have dealt with adversity through their lives.  You're going to love this book: for it has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with you, and people you know and love. 

Another project I've begun working on is a labor of love.  This treatise is a compilation of traditional budo (Jp. lit. warrior way) masters outside of Okinawa and Japan that have spent their lives dedicated to their respective art.  Even for the non-martial artist, I believe you will enjoy these stories.

Lastly, Bill Evers is making his long awaited return!  His newest adventure will take you, once again, to far away lands as he searches for someone or something intent on bringing great harm to humanity.  He is my unfortunate hero, and one I've hated to love and loved to hate.  A man with without a conscience in search of his soul. 

So there it is, my friends.  This is where I've been...where my mind has taken me, and where it will keep me for some time. 

As always, please feel free to comment below, share these blog posts, and most importantly live your own adventure!

5 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blogs, Howard. Entertaining and informative. As always, I'm thankful for your continued friendship. We have a unique bond through LeRoy, that has continued to grow through your writing and my reading...and our mutual warped sense of humor. Loranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one of my favorites, Loranda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to read the inspirational stories! good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until it is in print, Charlett!

      Delete

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...