Tuesday, February 21, 2012

ocean daydreaming

It's sometimes difficult for me to keep my mind from drifting, specifically to some tropical island paradise where my only sustenance is coconuts and whatever fish I happen to spear.  You see, I always thought Tom Hanks was in a great situation while he was shipwrecked in the movie Castaway.  He lost weight, listened to the ocean every day, had a pretty cool beard and tan, performed all of his own medical treatments and camped out each night.

Now, I realize there is both good and bad in this situation, and poor Tom Hanks obviously wanted to get back to civilization because he wasn't able to watch the University of Alabama play football each year.  This is obviously something that would cause me great consternation, but I think eventually I would grow more and more accustomed to my surroundings and inability to tune into the games.

Instead of a Wilson volleyball I would have liked to have had a football to throw around and talk to.  And sleeping in the same general area of the pilot I just buried would be a little weird because of my strong dislike of haunts and haints and such. 

On second thought.....nevermind.

1 comment:

  1. If I were stranded somewhere with a viable source of fiber, I'd spin and knit my own island wear, but I don't think I could manage the ice skate- tooth extraction.

    ReplyDelete

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...