Saturday, February 18, 2012

writing a book and the difficulties of being disciplined (and such)

Man, I have to admit I haven't been very disciplined of late.  My lack of mental discipline has put my manuscript on temporary hold and I'm mad at myself for not pushing through this haze.  Seriously, I've been working a lot of hours, but this is just an excuse for not working on the book.

I had a conversation with a friend and accomplished author the other night--his insight into the publishing and marketing process has rekindled the writing fire, enabling me to continue onward and upward with this project.  I doubt he understands how motivational our discussion was, but I may just call him every month or so until I finish this thing!

Those who ocassionally write to me (e-mail/facebook, etc) wondering how the book is coming along also motivates me.  I sometimes feel like I'm letting individuals down if I'm not working on the book, so this evening (after another day at work, that is my real job), I'm going to begin plugging away again.

All this being said, I've put my P90x training on hold because of the hours I've been working lately.  Yeah, that's just another excuse too I realize, and it really doesn't have anything to do with the subject matter of this post, but I just wanted to demonstrate how I rationalize not doing things in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...