Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Bama Trip (and it is a trip) Part IV

Okay look--by Wednesday I was worn slap out, sunburned, dehydrated and wanting to do absolutely nothing.  I was going to lay down the law with the wife and tell her right quick that I wasn't working on that particular day.

As a result I went to Lowe's with her, helped pick out curtain rods, hit a few other stores and prepared to install both the curtain rods and blinds.  As I've told you all before: I wear the pants in the family....she just tells me which pair to wear.

With a ratcheting screw driver in hand, I hung what seemed like four or five hundred curtain rods.  In all actuality I put up about ten of them, but I cranked on that screw driver until I thought my hand and elbow would fall off.  I put beds together while Cathy continued putting stuff up in the house.  I was amazed at how quickly she managed to organize and situate things.  If only I could get her to hang up curtain rods I would have had it made. 

We had a security system put in and this good looking muscular kid showed up to install it.  Cassidy, Abby and my wife ogled the guy while I did the weed eating on Thursday.  Whatever keeps them occupied I reckon; I just wanted to take enough time weed eating that I wouldn't be given another task.  Hopefully the security system guy would strike a few hundred double biceps poses for the girls so I would be left alone.

Friday came and Cathy told me to take the day off.  I decided to go fishing and ran to our local Wal-Mart to buy some crickets and worms.  I asked my next door neighbor if I could fish off their pier and she agreed.  She agreed because I told her if she wouldn't let me fish off it, I would be asking her husband to build me one.  Laughing, she told me to go ahead.  The millfoil was so thick the fish didn't get to awful close to my bait, resulting in a lot of drowned crickets and worms but no bream.  I also saw a cloud blowing up so I packed it up and walked back to the house.  Cathy asked how the fishing had gone?  "Not too good."  "Oh," she replied, "why don't you edge the driveway?" 

I had never understood why husbands beat their wives.....until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Censorship

 If 2020 has taught us anything it is the power of popular opinion can sway most anyone into doing things and taking action when they should...